Dave Connery 1951 - 2112 Dave is pinstriping chariots for angels now but his legacy here on earth lives on in his art and his son Kevin. He inspired many and never had a big ego when it came to himself or his art, at which he was brilliant. A great sense of humour and a crazy motorcycle racer, we sure miss you Dave.
John Connery got into painting as a result of Dave’s spin-off business and promptly distinguished himself as one of Canada’s best painters, with credits for some of the wildest cars and bikes ever produced locally. He has worked as a technical paint rep for Herbert’s Standox, PPG and House Of Kolor. An avid car enthusiast, John always has a fast ride. You can read his advice columns on painting at customkolorcanada.com and canadianrodder.com.
Vic Lefebvre has been doing our bodywork for over 25 years and is a fully licensed bodyman (and former Autobody Instructor). In addition to be able to fix just about anything (including plastics, fiberglass and metal), he is also a capable fabricator and customizer and was responsible for the body work on Cliff Randall's "Chromeless Cruiser" VTX among others. Vic has always had a Harley which he takes everywhere. View a picture of the Chromeless Cruiser here!.
John and Dave have won well over 200 "Best Paint In Show Awards" many in Ontario, including 11 times at The International World Of Motorcycles Super Show in Toronto (The largest indoor motorcycle show in North America including 7 Grand Champions), The Performance World Show, The Speed-O-Rama Show, The Speed Sport Show and The Motion Show, and many in the U.S. - including Detroit AutoRama, The Rats Nest in Daytona and the I.S.C.A. (International Show Car Association) World Champion to name a few. Recently a Grand Champion at the 27th Street Machine Nationals 2003 in Lima, Ohio (featuring over 3000 cars and judged by the ISCA).
- Grand Champion - Builders ClassInternational World of Motorcycles Super Show 2005
- Grand ChampionLondon Bike Show 2005
- Best PaintInternational Spring Bike Super Show
- Best PaintSpeed-O-Rama 2005
- Best PaintCanadian Tow Truck Show 2004
- Grand ChampionMetalfest Tilsonburg 2004
- Grand Champion, Best Paint, Best Use of Color and Best GraphicsSpeed-O-Rama Toronto 2002
- Grand ChampionSpeed-O-Rama Buffalo 2002
- Grand Champion/Best PaintSpeed-O-Rama London 2002
- Grand Champion/Best Graphics/Best Use of ColorSpeed-O-Rama Ottawa 2002
- Grand ChampionBrockville Canadian Nationals 2002 and 2003